Wednesday Social Run
Our Wednesday Social Run is where it all started. If there is a night that you want to join us or see what we are about then this is the night to run with us. There is no need to sign up or register for the Social Runs, just turn up. Bring good vibes and good chat and enjoy the run.
- Each week we have 2-3 routes available based on distance/pace. That means that you should be able to find a group that suits your running needs.
- The route is posted on Facebook/Strava on a Tuesday so that you can see where we will be running and you can familiarise yourself with the route.
- You can choose each night which route you prefer, you may want to challenge yourself and run a further distance or you may want to take it steady and slow the pace down a little. Either way you will be in good company.
- Run Leaders will be at each session to guide everyone around the route, to ensure safety and be available for any questions. There will be front and back runners to make sure everyone runs together.
- No runner is left behind at any stage; the Wednesday Social Run is not a race so do not feel pressure to produce a PB.
- We ask that if you join us on a Wednesday that you are capable of running a minimum of 6k continuously, regardless of pace.
Social Run Rules
- Arrive on time and ready to run.
- Don’t expect to run a PB, it’s a social run, not a race. The whole point is to have fun and meet other like-minded runners.
- Get chatting to someone you don’t already know, please don’t stay in your usual mini groups, ensure that no one is left running on their own.
- No headphones please, the clue is in the name, it’s a social run.
- Stay within the lead and back runners, if you’re really keen to run upfront, why not volunteer to lead the group next week.
- If you decide to drop out of the run, for whatever reason, please let someone know so that we don’t spend time waiting or looking for you.
When and where We Meet
Time: 18:30 (1 hour approx.)
Place: Outside Lululemon Athletica, 57 George Street, EH2 2JG
Stay updated with all thing We Run Edinburgh
We try to stay as connected and updated as much as possible, so choose your social media option and get the latest details of our runs and courses.
Strava: We only accept women to the group as well as those who live and run in Edinburgh. You’ll find the routes for the Social Runs here and other runners who run your city too.
Instagram: All of our post-run photos appear here. Check out our link in the bio for links to the latest details.
Facebook: We have a public page, where most details appear but we also have a private group, WRE Gals too, which is just for women and those who live in Edinburgh. This is a safe place to ask questions and make arrangements for extra runs etc.